Please join us for these celebrations during Lent and Easter:
Ash Wednesday, February 17 (ashes will be distributed at both masses, see note below; there is no 4:30 pm service this year)
- 9:00 am Mass*
- 7:00 pm Mass*
- Monday through Thursday, February 17 – March 31 at 9:00 am
- Wednesday, March 3, 9:00 am: Mass followed by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
Lenten Penance Service
- Thursday, February 24, 7:00 pm
Stations of the Cross
- Good Friday only: April 2, 7:00 pm*
Holy Thursday, April 1
- No 9:00 am Mass
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper: 7:00 pm*, Church remains open until 9:00 pm (Washing of the feet omitted this year)
Good Friday, April 2
- Liturgy of the Passion and Death of Our Lord, Holy Communion, Veneration of the Cross, 3:00 pm* (see note below)
- Stations of the Cross, 7:00 pm*
Holy Saturday, April 3
- No Blessing of Easter Food this year
- No 4:00 pm Mass
- Easter Vigil, 8:00 pm*
Easter Sunday, April 4
- 9:00 am and 11:00 am* Mass
* denotes online livestreaming on www.saintmonica.com. St. Monica's Facebook page, and audio only on 87.9 FM in the church parking lot
Due to the virus, guidelines issued by Bishop O'Connell as well as the CDC will be followed.
Ash Wednesday: Ashes will be distributed at the conclusion of mass by marking the foreheads of the faithful with a new Q-tip for each person.
Good Friday Veneration of the Cross: The faithful will remain at their places to adore the Holy Cross. Individual veneration by any physical contact is not permitted.
Communion will be distributed outdoors after all masses.