During the pandemic, our parish has closely followed procedures based on directives from Bishop O’Connell. The following policies are in effect (updated as of September 14, 2020).
If you are in a high-risk category, are frightened, are diagnosed with COVID 19 or have symptoms, were recently exposed to someone with COVID 19 or are not feeling well, please stay home.
Dispensation from Mass Obligation
The dispensation from Sunday/Holy Day Mass obligation remains in effect until further notice. The fulfillment of the Easter Duty may be accomplished before the First Sunday of Advent, November 29, 2020, if possible.
Celebration of Mass
In-church mass attendance is limited:
- Daily Masses have a limit of 25 people each (Monday through Thursday in the Church at 9 a.m.)
- Weekend Masses are limited to 100 people each (Saturday at 4 p.m., Sunday at 9 a.m. & 11 a.m. in the Church)
You may attend weekend masses in your vehicle in our parking lot. The number of cars allowed is limited by the parking lot’s capacity. Holy Communion will be distributed to you while you remain in your vehicle.
We live-stream the 11:00 a.m. Sunday Mass on Facebook and our website.
Procedures to Follow During Mass
- Stay six feet away from other people. We have lines taped to the center aisle to help you. Families may remain together, but the family group must remain six feet away from others people.
- Face masks are required for entry of all participants over the age of 2 years. Put your mask on in your car before you enter Church. There are no exceptions.
- Enter and exit the Church through the front door (West Veterans Highway door). Do not use any other door.
- The Sacred Host will be distributed only to your hand. The Precious Blood will not be offered.
- Receptacles for the Offertory Collection will be located at the entrance/exit door.
- Ushers and attendants will assist outside in the parking lot and inside the Church. Kindly follow their directions.
- If listening to Mass from the parking lot, volunteers will direct you for receiving Communion in your car following Mass.
- We will not distribute bulletins or missals. Distribution of flyers, the selling of raffle tickets, signing of petitions, and sale of religious articles inside or outside of church are prohibited.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before Mass begins.
- If you can, please bring your own bottle of hand sanitizer and sanitize your hands before you enter Church, and in your car after you leave.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- Please refrain from holding hands during the Lord's Prayer.
- The Sign of Peace is omitted.
- Be patient, wait to be dismissed by attendants.
Other Church Sacraments and Activities
- Confessions are heard at 3:15 pm on Saturday in Little Church. Please follow the signs.
- Devotions and parish meetings are allowed on a restricted basis. Please call the parish office for more information.
For detailed information on what our Church is doing to keep the faithful safe, please read the bishop’s Liturgical-Pastoral Directives in a Time of Pandemic.
May the Blessings of the Holy Trinity be upon all of us in this challenging time.