Posted February 9, 2021
What Does the Church Say About Covid-19 Vaccines?
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops published a short document to help guide Catholics through the ethics of Covid-19 vaccines. It answers several questions, including:
- Is it true that there is a connection between some vaccines and abortion?
- What does the Church say about abortion-derived cell lines and their connection to vaccines?
- Do COVID-19 vaccines use abortion-derived cell lines?
- Is it morally acceptable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine that uses abortion-derived cell lines?
- Is there a moral obligation to receive a COVID-19 vaccination?
- What can those who uphold the sanctity of life do to protest against the use of abortion-derived cell lines and advocate for ethical vaccines?
- Are the COVID-19 vaccines safe and effective?