He will free you from the snare of the fowler, from the destructive plague; he will conceal you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge. His faithfulness is buckler and shield. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the plague that prowls in the darkness, nor the scourge that lays waste at noon. (Ps. 91: 3-6)
Mass for Assumption of the Lord
Join Us for Mass Online Each Sunday
We will livestream Mass on Sundays at 11:00 a.m. here and on our Facebook page.
Note: the celebration of the Solemnity of the Ascension of the Lord is transferred to Sunday, May 24, 2020 from Thursday, May 21, 2020. Join our celebration on our livestream.
COVID-19 Update (May 21, 2020)
Here is a summary of changes in our parish due to the Covid-19 pandemic:
- The church remains closed -- Our worship space and offices are closed until further notice.
- Dispensation from weekly mass obligation -- The bishop has dispensed Catholics in the Trenton diocese from the obligation to attend mass.
- Mass is livestreamed -- We are livestreaming mass on this site and our Facebook page every Sunday at 11:00 a.m. Please join us and bring a digital friend.
- Confessions -- Please request confession only during a time of emergency or other extreme circumstance.
- Other sacraments will resume when the State of New Jersey social distancing rules allow them to be celebrated in a dignified manner.
- Religious education classes are suspended until further notice.
Faith at Home
Celebrate your faith at home while we are apart. Each week, the diocese publishes Fath at Home to help families practice the faith at home.
See this week's guide.
Please Continue to Support St. Monica's During the Covid-19 Crisis
The health crisis is impacting our parish's financial health. We are actively working on eliminating whatever is not essential to cut expenses. If you are in the position to contribute, please consider donating to the church either through Online Giving or by mailing your donations to:
Church of St Monica
679 W Veterans Hwy
Jackson, NJ 08527
Thank you for your help during this difficult time.
May the Lord Bless you. My prayers continue to be with you.
- Fr Alex Enriquez
Other News from Our Parish
Parishes help children celebrate Blessed Mother with May Crownings
Read the story that features St. Monica's parish.